So you’re trying to conceive. You’re noticing early signs of pregnancy like cramps and no periods. You take a pregnancy test hoping for a positive result. But you get a negative pregnancy test after 12 days. Why is it so? Read further to know about the reasons for 12 days late negative pregnancy test.
Table of Contents
- 12 days negative pregnancy test and no symptoms of pregnancy?
- What are the reasons for 12 days late negative pregnancy test?
- What to do after getting 12 days late negative pregnancy test?
- When will a positive pregnancy test show after 12 days late negative pregnancy test?
- 12 days late spotting and negative pregnancy test
12 days negative pregnancy test and no symptoms of pregnancy?
The first pregnancy test is not the pregnancy test kit but early pregnancy symptoms.
Early pregnancy symptoms include vaginal discharge, breast tenderness, vomiting, nausea, headache, and morning sickness. Only after you see a majority of these symptoms are you can doubt negative pregnancy test result.
If the early pregnancy symptoms are not present, then there is no point that you confuse yourself.
What are the reasons for 12 days late negative pregnancy test?
There may be many reasons for getting a negative pregnancy test after 12 days late periods:
- Your pregnancy is slowly but surely progressing and the hCG hormone is taking the time to build up.
- If you have used diluted urine sample for the pregnancy test, the hCG level in urine will be less. This can lead to a wrong result.
- You might be using some birth control pills that may affect pregnancy. While birth control pills don’t interfere with a pregnancy test, but they do affect your pregnancy.
- You are not correctly following the pregnancy test instructions.
- If you used an expired pregnancy test, then you will get a 12 days late negative pregnancy test.
- You read the results of a pregnancy test too early or too late then you can get a negative pregnancy test.
What to do after getting 12 days late negative pregnancy test?
If you get a 12 days late negative pregnancy test, and yet you feel that you are pregnant, then you should repeat the test next morning.
After two-three trials, you should visit a doctor to know the reasons for getting 12 days late negative pregnancy test.
You can even try some home remedies like soaking yourself in a mustard powder bath to restore your regular menstrual cycle.
When will a positive pregnancy test show after 12 days late negative pregnancy test?
A positive pregnancy test result will come up only after you have your embryo implanted in your womb.
Even after that, it takes about a week to reach sufficient hCG levels to come in the detectable range of home pregnancy tests.
You can get a positive pregnancy test even after a week from missed periods and up to after three weeks from implantation.
It is thus recommended that you see a doctor soon after you see symptoms of pregnancy in you.
12 days late spotting and negative pregnancy test
What happens up till 12 days from the day you have conceived?
A woman may also notice implantation spotting by the week after missed periods and yet get a negative pregnancy test.
This is because your body needs time after implantation to produce hCG.
After implantation, the body produces placenta precursors. The placenta is a tissue for transporting nutrients from your body to the baby and all the waste matter from your baby to you. Your baby cannot do anything by herself and so is dependent on you connected by the placenta.
The hCG hormone is like the master pregnancy hormone that regulates all the functions essential for maintaining the pregnancy.
This hormone doubles every 48 – 72 hours from the time it begins to form.
A pregnancy test kit detects hCG hormone. Every pregnancy test is sensitive for a particular minimum level of hCG and above it.
So if you get 12 days late but negative pregnancy test, it means two things. Either your pregnancy test kit is less sensitive, or your body has not produced enough hCG yet.
A negative pregnancy test after 12 days late periods is not something to worry. Generally, the menstrual cycle may vary due to change in hormone levels due to diet, workout, birth control, sleep, and stress. So you can wait for some time and repeat the pregnancy test after a day or two even if you get 12 days late negative pregnancy test.