Women have different alert signals for an incoming period. Some shout and cry with pain while others have to lie in bed due to cramps. In case you don’t have PMS the first conclusion is that you make is that you must be pregnant. Cramps but no period negative pregnancy test is like hanging in between.
You have no clue if you are pregnant or not. You cannot do anything about it. Menstrual cramps are due to the mild contractions of the vagina to expel the lining of blood vessels. It is the lining prepared for nourishing the embryo if you get pregnant.
As teenagers, you might not remember, but it used to be difficult to understand whether you had a stomach ache or cramps. Later you associate any pain in the area near period date to be due to period.
But the digestive system and vagina are close. You cannot find out externally whether the pain is due to menstrual cramps or stomach ache.
It is only when the expected period is still far-off that you think that the cramps could be because of some other reason.
Cramps But No Period Negative Pregnancy Test?
Getting a negative pregnancy test after awful cramps can confuse you and even scare some women.
Stomach cramping for weeks but no period negative pregnancy test is an agony that needs immediate attention.
Cramps make you too restless to focus on anything. Painful cramps but no period and negative pregnancy test is a sign that something is wrong.
A pregnancy cannot continue to give negative pregnancy test for long. After two weeks from ovulation, 99% chances exist for getting a positive pregnancy test.
Causes of cramping but no period negative pregnancy test
- Dehydration: There are causes of cramping that are not related to reproductive system. We tend to forget them when we are trying to get pregnant. Really bad cramps but no period but negative pregnancy test means that nothing related to reproductive system is responsible for it. Dehydration can cause your intestines intertwine and cause pain. Dehydration during pregnancy is common but not only because of it. There are many reasons for dehydration like Diarrhoea. You need to make sure that you are staying hydrated.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis is the invasion of other organs by uterus tissues. This leads to immense pain and cramping. In this case you’ll not get period as the fibrous tissues will block the normal pathways. Also the pregnancy test will be negative. Endometriosis is the cause infertility in women. It is important that you get a regular gynecological checkup to prevent such unknown mishaps going inside the body. Any previous surgery can leave scars that cause cramps no period negative pregnancy test.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: Inflammation in the pelvic region can cause cramps. Pelvic inflammatory disease will also interfere with your fertility. Your period will be delayed and negative pregnancy test. A pelvic inflammatory infection can spread to other regions and cause significant deformations. There is treatment available for PID. You must consult your doctor about it.
- Appendicitis: Infection of the appendix can cause severe abdominal cramps. Your period can be late to due illness. You are not pregnant, so you get a negative pregnancy test. Appendicitis is another cause of cramps no period negative pregnancy test. There are surgical procedures for treating Appendicitis. Your doctor will remove the appendix, and you’ll be fine. Removal of appendix can cause no harm to you. It is a vestigial organ at the end of large intestine.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Severe cramps no period is a sign of Ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is a tubal pregnancy. It is an extrauterine pregnancy. In this case, you can get a false negative pregnancy test. Your body produces low levels of hCG during Ectopic pregnancy. A pregnancy test may not be able to detect them. You need immediate medical help to terminate an Ectopic pregnancy as it can grow and burst your tubes.
- Ovarian cysts: Diseases like polycystic ovary syndrome occur due to ovarian cysts. They are mass of undifferentiated cells like benign tumors. They can create a blockage in the normal path of eggs. Thus no ovulation will occur so you will have no or little period. Women with ovarian cysts are less likely to get pregnant. They cause excruciating pain in that part of the body. Cramps no period negative pregnancy test is a sign that you may be having PCOS.
- Abdominal cramping: Any abdominal cramping can feel like vaginal cramping. If you are sick and have been vomiting, then you can have abdominal cramps no period negative pregnancy test. A negative pregnancy test is because of not being pregnant. Not every vomiting means that you are pregnant!
- Stress: Stress can delay your period and make you infertile. Women who are under high levels of stress may have lower fertility. Stress can cause a release of factors that cause pain and inflammation in the body. Stress is the reason for no period negative pregnancy test.
- Autoimmune Oophoritis: It is the condition when the ovaries start attacking their own cells. Due to a defect in the immune system. Ovaries become hard, and there is no ovulation and absence of menses. Other symptoms include vaginal bleeding, cramps in abdomen and fever.
- Menopause: Menopause setting in causes a lot of cramps. Your body is going through a transformation during menopause. After menopause, your menstrual cycle stops, and you are no longer fertile. You cannot have a pregnancy after Menopause under normal circumstances. Cramps no period alongwith a negative pregnancy test could be because of menopause.
- Cancer or Tumor: Any cancer of ovary or uterus causes intense cramps in that area. New cancerous cells crush the old cells which can result in even bleeding. The blocking of the pathways of ovaries and uterus causes cramps. There are least chances that you get pregnant when you have a reproductive organ cancer.
- Perimenopause: When a woman enters her mid-thirties her fertility reduces. The female hormones start declining, and the body prepares for Menopause. During this phase, even without pregnancy you may not get period and have cramps. Perimenopause is a typical cause for no period negative pregnancy test.
- Molar pregnancy: When the tissue that was going to become an embryo transforms into a non-viable mass it is Molar pregnancy. A Molar pregnancy occurs because of a sperm fertilizing an empty egg. Molar pregnancy causes intense cramping and also negative pregnancy test as the embryo is absent and the placenta doesn’t produce enough hCG.
- Cervical stenosis: Cervical stenosis is the narrowing of the lower end of the cervix. There can be mild to severe cramping. The period might not occur or be irregular spotting. It is not a disorder but a result of other ailments. When a woman has cancer, she may have cervical stenosis which causes cramps no period negative pregnancy test.
- Chemical pregnancy: A chemical pregnancy is a miscarriage. When you are only pregnant chemically, then you may get a false negative pregnancy test. A chemical pregnancy is another reason for extreme cramps and pain. When you have cramps no period negative pregnancy test, then it may be a sign that you are chemically pregnant.
- Ovulation: During ovulation, you may have mild to moderate cramping. The pregnancy test cannot detect pregnancy at this time. Period arrives after 12-14 days from ovulation. A miscalculation of day of missed period can cause cramps no period negative pregnancy test. These cramps are not harmful and completely normal.
- Anorexia: Anorexia is an eating disorder when you are obsessed about eating less and exercising more. Stomach cramping for weeks but no period negative pregnancy test is a result of Anorexia. Any fluctuations in eating habits can cause cramps and late period. Pregnancy doesn’t come in question but you may take a pregnancy test out of anxiety.
- Obesity: Obesity is another cause of cramps no period negative pregnancy test. It can affect fertility in women. Obesity can cause cramps due to excess fat deposition near abdomen. Women who are obese have more severe cramps. There is difficulty in getting pregnant in case a woman is trying to get pregnant.
- Bulimia: Another eating disorder called Bulimia is an obsessive mental condition where one fasts after overeating or forces vomiting of eaten food. This can cause intense cramps and no period. But the reason for period gets affected indirectly. Malnourished women will have no period negative pregnancy test.
- Pregnancy changes: Finally but true, early pregnancy can cause cramps no period negative pregnancy test. This may be because you took the test too early. Another case could be that your threshold of pain is low. For you implantation cramps are difficult so you are confusing the two. But the third condition of negative pregnancy test cannot continue for long. After a point of time every normal pregnancy has to have a positive pregnancy test.