Many women may feel that pregnancy symptoms show after a significant time lapse from day of conception. After all you are creating a life and it will take time, and it’s everywhere that you cannot detect pregnancy after sex. But there are few early signs of pregnancy that start soon after sex. You can carefully observe these changes and find out that you are expecting. The important thing to keep in mind is that early pregnancy signs vary a lot amongst women. Some may say they feel East while other one would feel West. The key point is that you notice changes than normal after sex symptoms.
Here are 10 early pregnancy signs:
- Tasting metal: Dysgeusia is the tasting of metal that occurs in early pregnancy. Even when you are not eating any rusted metal coins you’ll feel their taste. The changing set of hormones especially estrogen is responsible for this. You can try brushing your teeth and using mouth washes to get rid of this symptom. What does it mean? It only means that your pregnancy hormones are increasing in concentration. The rise of estrogen is more rapid. Another point is the relationship of taste and smell. As you develop aversions for certain smells you may start tasting different. Try closing your nose while having food, you’ll understand what this means. Read more: Pregnancy Hormones
- Frequent urge to pee: The frequent urge to pee occurs before menses, during ovulation and at the time of implantation. As the egg divides it starts producing pregnancy toxicosis. This is the pre morning sickness stage in pregnant women. As the pregnancy proceeds you’ll have morning sickness. The developing zygote produces certain factors that lead to frequent urge to pee. As the cyst does not flow out as menses it increases the amount of progesterone in your blood stream. This forms a mucus plug near the cervix. You will feel wet and might want to pee or use a liner. Later on as the baby grows the pressure created on bladder will be responsible for frequent urge to pee.
- Nasal congestion: The circulating levels of pregnancy hormones affects the nasal membrane too. You nose becomes extra sensitive and you seem to sense every smell from far. But soon you have nasal congestion and you feel that the particular smell causes it. The membrane has a lower supply of blood as it swells. You can also catch cold and that causes even worse nasal blockage.
- Sore breasts: Your breasts during early pregnancy are tingly to touch. The nipples appear lighter and are not erect. Blue lines appear on breasts or you start seeing the veins. Sore breasts is an early pregnancy sign that you can never miss. This is because the breasts will not be able to bear even the most loose bra you have. Itching of breasts can also be a sign that you’re pregnant.
- Headache: Due to the energy consuming processes your brain finds it hard to adjust. There is an entire new set of things that never happened or happened once in your lifetime. The nasal congestion is bothering you further. And all this leads to headache. Also this is the time when the body needs rest. If you don’t take enough rest then your headache will get worse. During early pregnancy the headache goes when you take rest. Do not take any pain killer at this time as it can affect the brain.
- Mood swings: The PMS mood swings came two weeks earlier. You know that a day of two is normal but two weeks early cannot be period. Mood swings getting worse and more to the side of low energy levels are early pregnancy signs. During early pregnancy you will have the hardest time to adjust, the first trimester sees the maximum ups and downs. This is also the time where the risk of miscarriage is highest. So avoid getting into any kind of depression ridden habits like smoking or drinking. Even for your antidepressants consult your doctor as soon as you confirm pregnancy. As you go through stages of pregnancy, you’ll feel better. Second trimester is the best time of pregnancy in many aspects.
- Unexplained fatigue: The first trimester of pregnancy requires a lot of energy. You doze off more often and the afternoon nap becomes a habit. After having sex the next day you feel tired. The egg cleavage begins by this time and your zygote is dividing. Implantation has to occur and so a 64 celled stage needs to develop. You feel lethargic and least active during the early pregnancy stages. Later on the energy levels pick up. A healthy diet and lifestyle is responsible for it. Running while pregnant is the best exercise and has least risk.
- Aversions: Though it may sound unlikely that you start feeling aversion at early stage of pregnancy but is happens. Aversions happen before craving starts. You may not like the most favorite food or smell that you loved throughout your life. The pregnancy hormones and changes in body is the reason. Pregnancy toxicosis is another reason for this. The early pregnancy factor releases after 48 hours from fertilization. These chemicals cause changes as soon as 2 days after sex. You cannot feel them, but the consequential symptoms are evident.
- Bloating: Is bloating considered an early sign of pregnancy? That is the first reaction when you read bloating. But once you go through the first week of pregnancy you’ll be a witness. Bloating is indeed an early pregnancy sign. It happens because of the changes in digestive system. The progesterone levels make the digestive system inefficient. This causes bloating, that is a mild swelling near the abdominal area.
- Constipation: The pregnancy hormone – progesterone causes many good and bad things. It is responsible for the pregnancy glow and for constipation too. As the digestive system becomes less efficient you have constipation. This is one of the most common early signs of pregnancy that many women go through. Constipation, pregnancy toxicosis and nasal congestion make early pregnancy agonising.