Rexall is a well-known brand for its reproductive health products such as lubricant jellies, ovulation tests, and pregnancy tests. Rexall Pregnancy Test is one of their famous products.
One of the first things you need after you decide to bring a baby is a pregnancy test. The Rexall One Step Pregnancy Test is being manufactured since 1903. So it is one of the most reliable pregnancy tests.
And the most important criterion to compare different pregnancy tests is the accuracy.
So how accurate is the Rexall Pregnancy Test?
We have answers to this and every other query about the pregnancy test. We have got the first-hand reviews by the experts.
Description of Rexall Pregnancy Test
The Rexall Pregnancy Test (PT) is a cassette pregnancy test. This means that the strip which detects the pregnancy hormone is inside a plastic case. An uncovered pregnancy test strip is prone to contamination from our fingerprints and other dust and dirt.
The Rexall PT is one the fastest and user-friendly pregnancy test.
You don’t have to remember anything; every result reading key is in the kit. You get multiple options like doing the midstream pregnancy test or the dip strip pregnancy test.
Also, it is one of the few pregnancy tests that can detect early pregnancy. The only drawback with this test brand is that it has a lot of incidents of faint results.
However, a faint positive result is not a defect of the pregnancy test.
The working of our bodies is different. Some women might make the pregnancy hormone at a slower pace and thus take longer to have enough of it.
Any pregnancy test that can detect early pregnancy will show a gradation of the color of the test lines.
Components of the Rexall Pregnancy Test Pack
The Rexall Pregnancy Test comes as a single pregnancy test in a pack.
Symptoms and signs which show that you need to take the Rexall Pregnancy Test
How soon can I take the Rexall Pregnancy Test? This doubt might have led you here.
This brand can detect pregnancy five days before your due periods. The absence of periods is the first sign that women rely on for confirming that they might be pregnant.
This test helps both of the women those who are dreading an unwanted pregnancy or who want a baby.
Check these signs to decide whether you need a pregnancy test
- Having unprotected sex near your ovulation day
- Spotting and abdominal cramps
- Mood swings and feeling depressed or anxious
- Vagina and cervix become tender and feel numb
- Cervical mucus becomes dense and releases in an excessive amount
- Vomiting and nausea
- Headaches and feeling sleepy
- Increased or reduced the urge for eating
Things you need while using Rexall Pregnancy Test
Rexall Pregnancy Test is a dip strip or midstream pregnancy test. So if you plan to take the midstream pregnancy test, then you need nothing except the kit and a timer.
However, if you plan to do the dip strip pregnancy test, then you need:
- Rexall Pregnancy Test
How to use Rexall Pregnancy Test?
Rexall Pregnancy Test is a very fast pregnancy test. You have to read the instructions manual before you start the test. Else you’ll not have enough time to get back to the manual.
You might want to see what the Rexall pharmaceutical company says about it, click here http://www.rexall.ca/articles/view/10523/How-pregnancy-tests-work
Step by step instructions for taking the Rexall Pregnancy Test
- Get up early in the morning and have a reminder scheduled for taking the test.
- Don’t drink water hoping to increase the amount of urine produced; this will dilute the urine and instead be a drawback.
- When you are ready to open the kit and bring the strip of the pregnancy test-inside the stream of your urine. Or if you want to take the dip strip pregnancy test using Rexall Pregnancy Test, then collect your urine sample in a cup.
- Dip the strip for precisely the time given in the user manual of the Rexall Pregnancy Test.
- Keep the test kit on a clean counter and leave it untouched. Make sure the strip doesn’t touch the surface and is in the air.
- The test takes only two minutes to form the results so read the results soon after two minutes.
- Discard the kit after use. Once the time for reading the results is over, the pregnancy test is junk. It is not reusable.
Precautions for Rexall Pregnancy Test
- Read the entire instructions manual leaflet that comes with the Pregnancy Test Kit.
- Don’t dip the strip for a time beyond the allowed slot and don’t take it out before the time gets up. Make it a single step dip.
- Read the results within the prescribed time slot.
- Use a clean cup for collecting the urine sample.
- Take the test early morning. The pregnancy hormone hCG produced by the body is in very minimal in the early pregnancy. So overnight urine gets concentrated with the hormone hCG. It is the best time for testing.
- Don’t allow the kit to stand on a dirty surface that has portions which might touch the hCG strip.
Color codes of Rexall Pregnancy Test
The pregnancy test uses blue color for displaying the results.
- Single blue control line
- A horizontal blue line for the negative result
- A vertical blue line with a horizontal blue line for a positive result
Pros of Rexall Pregnancy Test
- It is over 99% accurate
- The test can detect pregnancy five days earlier
- It has result key written on the pregnancy test
- It takes only two minutes to give the results
- Allows one to take the midstream or dip strip test
Cons of Rexall Pregnancy Test
- There are many cases of faint positive results
- It comes as a single test in a pack
Interpreting the results of Rexall Pregnancy Test
How to read the results of Rexall Pregnancy Test?
- A control line in the control window: A vertical blue line in control window means the test is working correctly. You are heading in the right direction.
- A horizontal line in test window: A horizontal line of blue color (Minus sign) means a negative result. You are ‘not pregnant.’
- A second vertical line after the horizontal line: Plus sign (+) means a positive result. It indicates you are pregnant.
Other frequently asked questions about Rexall Pregnancy Test
- Faint results: Thin lines by pregnancy test put many women in a pandemonium. But you can trust us when we tell you that a pregnancy test giving you thin lines is an advantage. An entire result window turned pink is more of an alarming shock. The better the details, the more accurate is a pregnancy test.
- No matter how thin a line is whatever it says is correct. In fact, thin lines are better as they don’t spread to corrupt the pregnancy test results.
- Faint negative results: Very thin line to show a negative test might not be satisfactory for many. You can repeat the test after a day or two to assure yourself. Faint negative lines shouldn’t worry you about the credibility of the result. In fact, the faint negative results are just thin lines which are very clearly visible.
- Positive result after 10 minutes: As already mentioned, a pregnancy test no matter how reputed be the brand is useless after the time for reading the results passes by. So a positive result by Rexall Pregnancy Test after 10 minutes is nothing but an illusion. The urine evaporates to leave a mark and that seems to form a plus sign with the negative test line. Follow the instructions to avoid such confusions.
- Horizontal lines in Rexall Pregnancy Test: The horizontal line is an indent line of the hCG antibodies. Indent lines are not visible on a pregnancy test. However, even if due to some reason they appear the alignment is opposite to a test line.
Most important caution while using Rexall Pregnancy Test
The Rexall Pregnancy Test has many testimonials for giving a faint positive. One must keep in mind that no matter how faint a plus mark is, it is a positive result. Rexall PT reviews mention about faint positive.
Another caution is that no matter how reliable a pregnancy test is, it cannot surpass a medical examination. So always get a suitable appointment with a doctor after taking an over the counter pregnancy test.
How does the Rexall Pregnancy Test work?
The Rexall Pregnancy Test has an hCG strip. The hCG strip is a kind of paper in layman’s language that has hCG antibodies. Antibodies are small particles that can attach to hCG particles.
Once a woman conceives, her placenta starts forming. It produces a hormone called hCG. This starts coming in urine. It is the earliest physiological indicator of pregnancy.
The Pregnancy Test can detect the hCG in urine and hence it can test whether a woman is pregnant or not.
Accuracy of Rexall Pregnancy Test
Rexall Pregnancy Test has an accuracy of over 99%. It can detect pregnancy on the day of your missed periods with an accuracy of 99%.
If taken earlier than the missed period day, the accuracy of the results might not be that precise. But you can take the Rexall Test five days earlier than your missed periods.
The sensitivity of the Rexall is around 20 – 25 mIU/ml of hCG level. The sensitivity of pregnancy test depends on the fact that what is the minimum amount of hCG detectable by a pregnancy test.
Hence the Rexall Pregnancy Test hCG level is more sensitive compared to many brands.