Did you see a faint line while taking a home pregnancy test? Does it seem to be positive but is very thin? It’s a Faint Positive Pregnancy! 😯
A faint line pregnancy test confounds many women.
Since we get many questions regarding Faint line positive pregnancy, we will be dissecting this topic threadbare.
But, before that we will learn a about pregnancy tests and positive pregnancy for our latecomers! 🙂
What is a pregnancy test?
A pregnancy test is a device that tests whether a woman is pregnant by detecting hCG hormone level. The hCG hormone comes in your urine after you get pregnant. The placenta secretes hCG. Placenta formation begins after implantation. It is only after 11 days from the day of conception.
A home pregnancy test can either be a urine home pregnancy test or a blood home pregnancy test.
How does a pregnancy test work?
A pregnancy test has an hCG strip that has detector particles which can attach to hCG present in your urine and give a color. It is the colored line that you see. If this line appears it means that you are pregnant.
How to read a pregnancy test?
- A pregnancy test is very easy to read. The only thing to remember is that one needs to read a pregnancy test within a specific time frame. After this pregnancy test reading time passes, the results are no longer reliable.
- For reading a pregnancy test, you have to read the instruction booklet of that pregnancy test.
- The positive pregnancy test is a test line or a plus sign. A faint positive pregnancy test is a thin test line. A very faint positive pregnancy test is also a very thin test line.
- Digital pregnancy tests show a written phrase such as ‘not pregnant’ or ‘pregnant”.
However, there are exceptions to this too such as when the pregnancy test line is very faint or come as two closely spaced double lines.
What is a positive pregnancy test?
A positive pregnancy test is a result whether a plus sign, second line (test line) or a “pregnant” word written to show that you are pregnant.
What is a faint positive pregnancy test?
A faint positive pregnancy test is the case when the pregnancy test line does become visible but very faintly.
A faint positive pregnancy test is also called a thin pregnancy test.
Is faint positive pregnancy test correct?
In most situations and virtually every case except where the woman has a disease, the faint positive pregnancy test result is correct. There is no reason to get a faint positive pregnancy test for a nonpregnant woman. A false positive pregnancy test is different from a faint positive pregnancy test. The prior is due to errors and diseases.
This is because in cases other than pregnancy the pregnancy test lines are darker. So getting a faint positive as a false positive is rare.
Why does a faint positive pregnancy test appear?
- A faint positive pregnancy test result appears when the hCG hormone is in insufficient amounts.
- Only few detector particles have occupied sites. It means that the hCG antibodies are free and just a few of them have got your urine hCG hormone bound to them.
- As only some of the particles show the colored reaction the test line is very light.
- This gives a faint positive pregnancy test.
How to interpret the following faint positive pregnancy test result:
- Faint positive pregnancy test result: A faint positive pregnancy test result is indicating that your pregnancy is at an early stage.
- Very faint positive pregnancy test result: A Very faint positive pregnancy test can be an evaporation line. But ideally, you need to duplicate the pregnancy test if you get a very faint positive pregnancy test.
- Thin positive pregnancy test result: A thin line but of moderate darkness and intensity shows that the pregnancy test is very accurate. Thin positive pregnancy tests are accurate results. If you get a faint positive then negative, then it is dicey and likely a human error. Usually, first you get negative then faint positive pregnancy test.
What to do after getting a faint positive pregnancy test result?
- After getting a faint positive pregnancy test wait for some days and repeat the test.
- Repeat the pregnancy test after at least two days with the same kit of the same brand following the same method for taking the pregnancy test.
- This is because the instrumental error and other factors will be uniform. The only point of difference will be your pregnancy stage and so the level of hCG produced by your body.
- This way the pregnancy test duplicates in the most accurate manner.
How to avoid faint positive pregnancy test?
A very faint positive pregnancy test can bring a lot of anxiety. One needs to confirm pregnancy after getting faint positive pregnancy tests. If someone continues getting a faint line positive pregnancy test, then she needs to see a doctor. Her body is not producing enough hCG. The only way to avoid a faint positive pregnancy test is to take the pregnancy test at the right time.
For knowing how soon you can take the pregnancy test you can read ‘how soon can I take the pregnancy test?‘ This time is generally after a week from the day you experience implantation bleeding.
Implantation bleeding shows that the embryo has got implanted in your womb and that placenta formation has begun.
Faint positive pregnancy tests are not something you need to panic. It just happens due to the amount of dye or amount of hormone. Indeed they make it very difficult for you to interpret the pregnancy test results. But duplicating the pregnancy test or taking a different pregnancy test will solve the problem.
Leave your queries below in the comments section. We will be more than happy to answer and may take it up as the next article in line.