So, you had a positive pregnancy test but now are bleeding? Such scenarios pop up quite often.
Many women who are planning to be a mom soon think that the pregnancy test dilemma finishes as soon as you see the pink line or the plus sign.
Ladies, it begins after that! Most of the cases are such that the woman had no trouble conceiving. They get a positive pregnancy test result and then become a little careless, and it leads to a miscarriage. It can be the biggest shock for a couple.
So it is highly recommended that you see a doctor as soon as you take a pregnancy test to discuss the pregnancy test results with him or her.
Doctors will do prenatal pregnancy tests and tell you necessary precautions. Also, a proper examination of your pregnancy will tell you about any possible complications and genetic problems.
PregnantEve.com recommends a pedigree analysis, as soon as a couple decides to conceive. Pedigree analysis is for knowing the risks associated with pregnancy for you and your baby.
Table of Contents
What is a positive pregnancy test?
A positive pregnancy test is a result that tells you that you are pregnant.
It may be a false positive pregnancy test result too. It happens if you are suffering from diseases like PCOD, ovarian cancer, etc.
What to do after getting a positive pregnancy test?
As mentioned earlier after getting a positive pregnancy test one should get a doctor’s appointment and get herself tested.
Top 10 Reasons for positive pregnancy test now bleeding
Let’s investigate the reasons for bleeding after positive pregnancy test:
- Bleeding after getting positive pregnancy test may be the brown discharge of pregnancy: During early pregnancy, the vagina discharge has a brown color, and it may have some blood clots. The vaginal lining is too soft and fragile and may break even with mild brushing. You might mistake the brown discharge as bleeding because it looks like that. If you experience bleeding after a positive test, then make sure that the blood is fresh. Otherwise, it is old blood coming out as brown discharge during pregnancy.
- If bleeding after getting pregnant happens in the first three months of pregnancy, then it could be normal: Some women have reported that they got regular menses for the first three months even after they were pregnant. For this reason, some women who only rely on the absence of periods as a symptom of pregnancy are unable to detect pregnancy at an early stage. So it could be nothing to worked-up about that you are getting menses even after conceiving. Positive pregnancy test now bleeding and cramps could be menses. You must inform your doctor about it.
- Bleeding after getting positive could be spotting: Yes, you will experience spotting after pregnancy in the first few months. So a mild and light spotting is nothing to worry. It is normal and occurs during early pregnancy frequently because a lot of things going inside your body. Processes like the formation of new blood vessels, compressing of tissues and breaking of blood vessels happening rapidly. All this can lead to bleeding. Positive pregnancy test now bleeding may be spotting during pregnancy.
- Bleeding after positive pregnancy test may be due to a miscarriage: This is terrible, but it is true. Bleeding could be due to miscarriages. First trimester miscarriages mostly happen because of chromosomal aberrations. Most women mistake miscarriages for periods and never come to know that they were pregnant. It may be good for those who did not want to be pregnant. This can mislead a woman who wants to be a mom to believe that she is infertile. Hence a healthy reproductive life includes visiting your gynecologist every six months.
- Bleeding after positive pregnancy test may be because your belly received a jolt: If you have a toddler already who jumped on your belly or you unknowingly had something hard hit you. Positive pregnancy test now bleeding and cramps can be a sign of impending miscarriage. It can result in hemorrhoids or other problems and will lead to bleeding after getting a positive pregnancy test.
- Bleeding after getting pregnant can be due to having sex: Having sex wears and tears your vaginal pathway. So if you have rough sex after getting pregnant, you can bleed abnormally. Sex during pregnancy requires certain precautions. You must read about sex during pregnancy before it is too late. Sex can cause bleeding after getting pregnant. Many women experience depression during pregnancy since they don’t get to have intercourse.
- Bleeding after positive pregnancy test also happens if your body produces the pregnancy hormones too slowly: Pregnancy hormones sustain the pregnancy. If not produced sufficiently then it can lead to bleeding after conceiving. Low levels of hormones cause bleeding after getting a positive pregnancy test. You should see your doctor who might give you supplements to support your natural hormone production. Some dietary supplements may improve your body’s capacity to produce pregnancy hormones. If bleeding after conceiving happens after three months of pregnancy have passed then you need to rush to the doctor.
- Positive pregnancy test now bleeding could be because you did not take the pregnancy test correctly: If you did not do the pregnancy test properly, then it is positive pregnancy test now bleeding. It is a miscalculation! You might have made a mistake while taking a pregnancy test and so you thought it is positive pregnancy test!
- Twin pregnancy can cause positive pregnancy test now bleeding: If you have a twin pregnancy then there is a chance that during implantation of the second baby you bleed. Positive pregnancy test now bleeding can be because now your second baby is here!
- Superfetation causes positive pregnancy test now bleeding: Similarly superfetation is getting pregnant second time while you are already pregnant. In this case, you will get positive pregnancy test now bleeding and cramps. It is very rare but does happen. Chances of positive pregnancy test now bleeding due to another pregnancy are very slim.
Can bleeding after positive pregnancy test be implantation bleeding?
It is important for us to mention that the bleeding after positive pregnancy test cannot be implantation bleeding.
A pregnancy test detects hCG hormone that is available in sufficient quantities after implantation. The placenta secretes hCG as a temporary endocrine gland. It takes about a week for hCG levels to pick up after implantation.
So first you will experience implantation bleeding, and then you’ll get a positive pregnancy test. Bleeding after positive pregnancy test can never be implantation spotting.
Be very vigilant of everything that comes out of your cervix even your urine when you are pregnant. The first few months of pregnancy are most critical and maximum miscarriages happen at this time.
Once you have got a baby, you are a mother and have to shoulder the safety of two lives. We are proud of you!!