A woman trying to get pregnant wants to know all signs of pregnancy. She keeps looking for some clue that she is pregnant. You can determine when you are pregnant is by looking for symptoms. When do you know you are pregnant? This question expects a general answer. It is impossible to generalize it completely because every woman and every pregnancy is different. There are many pregnancy signs. Early pregnancy changes are not easy to notice. As your pregnancy moves ahead the signs become prominent. It becomes easier detecting pregnancy.
When do you know you are pregnant?
Here is a list of signs to look for when you are pregnant:
- Aversions: When you are pregnant you develop aversion for certain kinds of food. The things that you always loved now seem bland. You don’t like your husband’s cologne any more. Aversion for certain kinds of smell and taste is a sign that you are pregnant. You know you are pregnant when you develop unusual inclination for things.
- Heightened sense of smell: During early stages of pregnancy you get a new nose. You can smell everything from a distance. You might not be able to bear aroma of cooking food. This is because your nasal membrane becomes sensitive. This is because of hormonal fluctuations. Nasal congestion during pregnancy is because of the hormones surging in your blood.
- Frequent urge to pee: During early pregnancy you feel that your bladder is full. This is not because you suddenly get a baby in you. Frequent urge to pee during early pregnancy is also due to interchanging hormone levels.
- Cramps: Cramps during implantation bleeding are mild. Pre menstrual cramps are very painful. During early pregnancy you may feel light cramps due to implantation. When do you know you are pregnant? When you feel mild cramps instead of menstrual cramps on day of missed period you are pregnant.
- Thick white discharge: White discharge from vagina is a sign of early pregnancy. Thick white discharge is because of mucus moving to cervix. It is for protection of your baby.
- Constipation: Increasing progesterone levels make the digestive system slow. This results in constipation during pregnancy. If you are feeling bloated and you’ve constipation then you may be pregnant. A single symptom of pregnancy rarely occurs. They are generally in combination. If you are experiencing more than one of these symptoms then you are likely to be pregnant.
- Tenderness in breasts: Breast tenderness during early pregnancy is because of hormones. The nipples become dark. Most women keep pressing their breasts to check whether they are pregnant. Tender breasts will be noticeable when you are pregnant.
- Vaginal softening: The vaginal region becomes prominent. You may feel softening and loosening in the area. It is because the cervical tissues are dilating. This is when you know that you are pregnant.
- Fatigue: During early pregnancy your body undergoes many changes. This leads to fatigue. It is common to feel extra sleepy during pregnancy. You might start taking an afternoon nap during early pregnancy. First trimester is generally more energy consuming.
- Nausea: Nausea is the most common symptom of pregnancy. When you have missed period and you have nausea, you know you are pregnant. Nausea is because of many reasons. Morning sickness is the graduation of this nausea that will soon start.
- Spotting: You know you are pregnant when you see spotting. You will not need liners for spotting during pregnancy. This may be because of implantation. It can also be brown discharge.
- Bloating: Bloating is swelling near abdominal area. It can be because of gas or for accommodation. Bloating during pregnancy makes you uncomfortable.
- Mood swings: Mood swings during pregnancy are more depressive. Unlike PMS you will feel sleepier. Mood swings not going is a sign of pregnancy. You know you are pregnant when your mood swings don’t leave you.
- Shortness of breath: During pregnancy you don’t have the strength for normal work. You easily lose your breath and feel like sitting down. If you cannot carry on with your regular work it may be that a baby is taking away your energy. Eat healthy stuff and you’ll be fine. Your little parasite just eats a little!
- Leg cramps: Leg cramps during pregnancy will only get worse. You will have to spend time off feet more often.
Other signs that tell you that you are pregnant are low blood pressure, insomnia and dizziness.
If you experience these symptoms then you know you are pregnant. A positive pregnancy test confirms that you are pregnant. After that you can get a doctor’s appointment for taking a pregnancy blood test. It is necessary to get a hospital pregnancy test to assure that you are pregnant.