Looking for french names for girls for your baby? Many parents do..because French names are always in fashion and uber-cool!
The French language in itself is a beauty. We adore French culture so much that we try to give French touch to everything which surrounds us. France is filled with culture, history, and beauty. France and its culture are well-known all over the world.
Choosing a name for your baby could be both, exciting and tiring, did to endless possibilities. There are abundant resources to get the best name for your little one. Specific interests like you being more traditional may help you get a traditional name for your baby.
Some parents may also have a special attraction towards inspiring great personalities and celebrities this eases their task of getting their baby a beautiful and satisfying name. Your interest in a specific language may also make your task easier.
One of the languages which evoke elegance is the French language. Parents belonging to different cultures search for French names. There is something different about French pronunciation, it has a unique flow.
One can refer to inspirational icon names to name their baby girl. There are many string French female icons, many passionate and committed women with strong confidence and style who still continue to inspire us.
One of the most common things about old French names for girls is they are hyphenated compound names. Nowadays it is very hard to find people with hyphenated names.
French names are usually hyphenated and the two words of these names are considered as a unit. You should call out the whole name while addressing individuals with hyphenated compound names.
Popular French Girl Names
Here are some of the French names that will melt the hearts of everyone. These names sound elegant and powerful. These names might seem a little vintage but still are stylish, beautiful, and classic.
1. Audrey: it means Noble strength.
Famous person: Tatou (French model and actress)
2. Brigitte: it means Magnificent and great.
Famous person: Brigitte Bardot (French actress), Brigitte Macron (first lady of France)
3. Coraline: it means coral.
Famous person: Title character in the novel and movie “Coraline”
4. Charlotte: it means Diminutive of Charles.
Famous person: Charlotte Gainsbourg (French actress and singer), Charlotte Le Bon (Canadian T.V. presenter), Charlotte Church (opera singer)
5. Chloé: it means Young green shoot.
Famous person: Chloë Sevigny (actress), Chloé (French fashion house)
6. Élise: it means Oath of God or God is satisfaction. The subject of Beethoven’s song “Fur Elise”
7. Gabrielle: God is my strength; one of the archangels
Famous person: Gabrielle Union (actress).
8. Jeanne: its a Feminine version of John
Famous person: Jeanne d’Arc (Joan of Arc).
9. Juliette: it means youthful, beautiful, and vivacious
The heroine from Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet,” Juliette Adam (French author and feminist)
10. Madeleine/Madeline: it means Elevated and magnificent.
Famous person: Madeleine L’Engle (author of A Wrinkle in Time), Madeleine Albright (politician), Madeline (title character from the book “Madeline”)
11. Marie: Lady of the sea; inspired by the Biblical Mary, mother of Jesus
Famous person: Marie Curie(French scientist), Marie Antoinette (Queen of France).
12. Mélanie: Little dark-haired girl; dark
Famous person : Mélanie Laurent (actress from Inglorious Bastards)
13. Noémie: it means Winsome, pleasant, lovely
Famous person: Noémie Lenoir (French model and actress).
14. Slyvie: the one from the forest.
Famous person: Sylvie Vartan (French singer).
15. Stéphane: it means the crown of glory.
Famous person: Stéphane Audran (actress).
Elegant and Pretty French Names for Baby Girls
1. Adélaïde: it means noble.
2. Amelie: the one who is hardworking
3. Aurelie: golden
4. Aveline: it means little hazelnut tree
5. Celeste: Heavenly
6. Clementine: it means mild, merciful
7. Coralie: it means coral
8. Cosette: it means something small and tiny
9. Delphine: dolphin
10. Élodie: it means foreign riches
11. Éloise: healthy
12. Esmée: the beloved one
13. Fayette: a little fairy
14. Fleur: flower
15. Fosette: dimpled
16. Geneviève: woman
17. Giselle: a pledge
18. Inés: it means chaste and pure
19. Lilou: it means a lily flower
20. Manette: sea of bitterness
21. Manon: it is a derivative of Madeline, which means “elevated” or “magnificent”
22. Margot or Margaux: pearl
23. Meline: little honey
24. Mirabelle: plum
25. Nicollete: the victorious
26. Noelle: born on Christmas
27. Noémie: the pleasant and lovely
28. Pipi: rosy-cheeked
29. Risette: pleasant little laugh
Classic French Girl Names for Babies
1. Adrienne: from the city of Hadria
2. Agnès: the pure or holy
3. Alice: Truth
4. Aline: the noble
5. Amélie: the hardworking
6. Anastasie: resurrection
7. Andrée: feminine version of Andrew; it means brave
8. Anne: the gracious
9. Antoinette: the highly praiseworthy
10. Bernadette: Brave as a bear; name of the girl saint who saw an apparition of Mother Mary in Lourdes
11. Carole: A strong woman
12. Caroline: strong
13. Catherine: pure and clear
14. Charlotte: feminine version of Charles, meaning manly
15. Christine: follower of Christ
16. Claire: clear and bright
17. Colette: the one who is victorious
18. Dominique: the one belonging to the Lord
19. Denise: Greek origin for Dionysius, the god of wine
20. Édith: the one blessed with riches
21. Émilie: excelling in all things
22. Françoise: France or free one
23. Geneviève: a race of women
24. Isabelle: God is my oath
25. Joséphine: God will add
26. Juliette: youthful
27. Madeleine: an elevated tower, magnificent
28. Mathilde: strength in battle
29. Michelle: one who is like God
30. Monique: the wise
31. Nathalie: born on Christmas day
32. Pauline: humble and small
33. Renée: reborn or born again
34. Simone: one who hears
35. Sophie: having wisdom and is skillful
36. Sylvie: from the forest
37. Thérèse: to reap or to gather
Unique French Names for Baby Girls
Hyphenated Compound French Names for Baby Girls
250+ Cool And Traditional Names for Baby Boy With Meanings
250+ Most Romantic And Feminine Girl Names For Your Baby
Top 241 Mexican Baby Names For Boys And Girls
Beautiful Greek Names For Babies Inspired By Mythology
Japanese Girl Names
Strong Boy Names For Babies
Unique Baby Boy Names And Meanings
191 Unique Baby Girl Names And Meanings