Table of Contents
When a woman sees signs of pregnancy a lot goes through her mind. More than just awe it is a sense of responsibility and a lurking anxiety. The first thing a pregnant woman wants to do is to take a pregnancy test and confirm her pregnancy. In a scenario where there are signs of pregnancy but negative pregnancy test, it sends another wave of anxiety in her.
Now what? Shall I call the doctor or wait for another day to take another test? And if signs of pregnancy but negative pregnancy test condition continues then she may get a shock.
Feeling insecure about your fertility is as dreadful. After getting a negative result a woman who has been trying to get pregnant since long looses all hope. Adding to her problems are the mood swings, nausea and cramps as pregnancy signs.
If you see pregnancy symptoms but negative pregnancy tests, don’t rule out the possibility of being pregnant. Your pregnancy could be proceeding a little gradually.
Pregnancy tests are only qualitative and they detect the hCG hormone present in urine. If the pregnancy test is not sensitive enough it will not detect traces of hCG present in your body. Early pregnancy tests can detect pregnancy earlier than normal pregnancy tests.
After you continue getting negative pregnancy test you keep checking whether your period started. The next problem is gross if you have missed period and get negative pregnancy test. Missing of period by a week is a sign most women take as pregnancy.
Pregnancy symptoms, Missed period but negative pregnancy test
There are many reasons for missing or late period and negative pregnancy test. But when you see pregnancy symptoms you disregard all other possibilities. All you want to believe is that you are pregnant. The mind sees as you decide. Even a normal stomach ache starts feeling like implantation cramps.
Late period or no period can be due to many reasons like:
- Breastfeeding: During breastfeeding your menstrual cycle ceases to release eggs. A nursing mother doesn’t get period for about 6 months. Later her normal menstrual cycles begin. This is the phenomenon of Lactational Amenorrhea. This is for naturally creating a gap between off springs. You have a natural contraception during breastfeeding. The reason is the high levels of prolactin hormone suppress all other hormones. Prolactin hormone is responsible for milking.
- Menopause: Menopause is the stage when a woman’s menstrual cycle ends forever. This occurs after the age of 40- 45 years. There are a lot of changes during menopause which may feel like pregnancy signs. You feel nausea and cramps may occur during menopause. Perimenopause is the stage before menopause in which the female’s hormones start declining. Signs pregnancy negative pregnancy test may also be because of perimenopause.
- Medications: Certain medications can affect ovulation and in turn your period. Antidepressants and anti-inflammatory drugs can delay ovulation and cause signs pregnancy negative pregnancy test. This is because you will see signs of ovulation and they are much like early pregnancy signs. You might miscalculate it to be pregnancy signs but they are ovulation signs.
- Stress: Stress can affect the fertility and cause late ovulation and period. Stress goes as an unidentified cause of infertility. Negative pregnancy test here actually means that you are not pregnant and are making incorrect predictions about being pregnant.
- PCOD: If you have cysts in ovaries then you can have cramps and bleeding because of reasons other than pregnancy. Some symptoms of pregnancy overlap with PCOD. Cysts are mass of cells that abnormally go on dividing. You need to get treatment for PCOD.
- Endometriosis: When the tissues of uterus start invading other organs it is Endometriosis. This can cause nausea, bleeding and abnormal discharge. You might consider that you are pregnant but you are actually having a reproductive disorder. The negative pregnancy test and missed period are signs that something is wrong.
- Ectopic pregnancy: In this case the embryo implants in the tubes and doesn’t move down to the uterus. Placenta formation may not be successful and hCG levels will be low.
- Illness: Any illness can cause delayed ovulation. What you are thinking as pregnancy symptoms are actually signs of pregnancy. Your period is late because ovulation was late.
- Low hCG: Some women may take longer to produce enough hCG. The levels double every 48 – 72 hours but can take longer. Such women get signs pregnancy negative pregnancy test.
- Not following the instructions of pregnancy test. You could be unknowingly using a box of expired pregnancy tests.
6 days late negative pregnancy test
Week late period and negative pregnancy test is not something to worry about. 6 days late negative pregnancy test can happen because of the above reasons. You can wait for another two weeks. If you have 3 weeks late period negative pregnancy test then you need to tell your doctor.
A week late period happens all the time. This is nothing to panic about. It may be just because you had flu. Some pregnancy tests are not sensitive to detect pregnancy at 6 days stage. You can get a pregnancy blood test if you want to. That is the most accurate way of detecting pregnancy.
A hospital pregnancy test will sort all confusions and you will be able to take the right steps further.