If you’re reading this article, then the chances are that either you’re trying to conceive or had unprotected intercourse. Now, you’re trying to find early signs of pregnancy before missed period so that you can plan your course of action.
Signs of early pregnancy before missed period are a set of symptoms seen in a pregnant woman before she missed a period.
These signs make it possible for a woman to take a pregnancy test at the right time. An unwanted pregnancy also comes in to notice by early pregnancy signs before missed period.
Table of Contents
- Early signs of pregnancy 1st week
- Common signs of early pregnancy before missed period
- Spotting and cramping
- Breast changes
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Mood swings
- Frequent urination
- Sense of smell
- Skin glows, and hair become shiny
- Appetite fluctuations and food aversions
- Bloating During early pregnancy
- High basal body temperature
- Leg pain
- Nausea, vomiting, and headache
- Blue lines on abdomen and breasts
Early signs of pregnancy 1st week
A woman who is aware of her body can see the slightest change in herself. This is undoubtedly an advantage, but in some cases, it might make you worry for nothing. A self-aware woman can pick up the slightest change in herself and detect pregnancy before missed period.
It is easy to see external early pregnancy signs like bloating. After having unprotected sex, you feel bloated for a day. However, if this bloating stays for long, it may be a sign of pregnancy.
Another unusual thing like going to the bathroom more often also is an early pregnancy sign before missed period. The frequent urge to pee is a sign of pregnancy.
The bloating pushes the bladder, and hormonal flux makes you feel full. It lasts for a few weeks of early pregnancy.
Later in the second trimester, it is not as frequent. Again in the third trimester, as the uterus grows in size, it forces your bladder to feel full all the while.
Congestion of nasal passage is also a sign of pregnancy before missed period. It is due to hormonal fluctuations.
The nasal membranes swell, and you develop an aversion to certain smells.
Early signs of pregnancy discharge: Cervical mucus changes during early pregnancy. The cervical discharge during early pregnancy is in abundance. The early signs of pregnancy discharge look mucus like discharge.
Almost immediately after conception, the vaginal walls tend to thicken up due to the growth of the cell lining the vagina releasing white milky discharge from the vagina.
The discharge is usually harmless and may sometimes continue throughout the pregnancy. But one should consult the doctor for bacterial infection if the discharge initiates a burning or itching sensation.
An early sign of pregnancy quiz is a questionnaire available on the internet for detecting pregnancy before missed period. All early signs of pregnancy listed help a woman decide whether she is pregnant. The quiz helps detect the earliest signs of pregnancy.
One very early sign of pregnancy before missed period is the absence of PMS. The early signs of pregnancy 1st week overlap with the time of due period.
If you do not experience nausea and all the discomfort of period it means that you may be pregnant.
Here are some of the early signs of pregnancy before missed period. If you experience most or all of the following mentioned points, it is advisable to get a pregnancy test as soon as possible:
Common signs of early pregnancy before missed period
Spotting and cramping
- When you conceive, the fertilized egg attaches itself to the wall of the uterus. It causes bleeding which might resemble menstrual bleeding. The color is brownish red, usually different from regular period blood. Early pregnancy cramps are more painful compared to the pre-menstrual cramps.
- Spotting and cramping are early signs of pregnancy. Sings of early pregnancy before missed period cramping is easily noticeable. They resemble menstrual cramps and blood loss and are usually mistaken for the start of the period.
- During early stages of pregnancy, just like other body parts, breasts of a woman also tend to change. The changes in breasts start happening just after conception.These changes can be felt and are noticeable.
- The breasts tend to increase in size. The hormonal level rapidly changes due to which the breasts may become sore, swollen, heavy or full.
- The area around the nipples, called areola, may also become dark and feel tender to touch. Sore nipples early signs of pregnancy before missed period are noticeable when you can’t put on your regular bra.
- All these changes take place in the breasts to prepare it for breastfeeding.
- In the third trimester, as the date nears some pregnant woman leak colostrum. It is the thick yellowish milk that the breasts produce for the first time.
Fatigue or tiredness
- During pregnancy, a new being is developed and formed inside a woman’s body. To initiate its healthy growth, the body starts producing more blood than usual to carry nutrients for your baby.
- Increased progesterone levels along with changes in other hormones tend to be the reason for the tiredness.
- The decrease in the blood sugar levels and blood pressure can also cause a person feel fatigued.
- Emotional changes such as anxiety can also be a cause of decreased energy.
- It is advisable to eat food rich in protein and iron and avoid caffeine. Taking plenty of rest, standing up slowly and avoiding any exertion is mandatory. Read about anemia during pregnancy.
- During pregnancy, a woman experiences mood swings. They are the earliest signs of pregnancy before missed periods.
- Estrogen and progesterone cause fluctuations in mood throughout the pregnancy. Variations in the hormones are responsible for the inexplicable early pregnancy mood swings.
- The changes in hormone level attack the neurotransmitters (messenger chemicals) of the brain. It leads to over exaggerated changes in emotions, from a laughter spell to a sudden anger outburst.
- A pregnant woman starts making a lot of hormones in early pregnancy to support the growth of her baby. A lot of hormones help during the formation of baby’s organs. The hormonal surge makes the pregnant woman feel full bladder all the time.
- Bloating during early pregnancy before missed period also pushes the bladder and makes you feel full.
- Frequent urge to go to the bathroom is also an early sign of pregnancy before missed period.
Sense of smell
- Once you conceive, your olfactory sense goes into overdrive. You will be able to sense every odor around you.
- Another critical thing is that you will associate these particular smells with your morning sickness. Even after you deliver your little one, these aversions will remain in your brain. They will continue to trigger a nausea feeling even after pregnancy. Make sure you don’t use your favorite scent candles to get over morning sickness. Else you will have to throw them away later or else experience unexplainable nausea.
- Saline sprays can help ease the congestion. Saline spray is an aerosol with salt in it.
- After conception, the pressure of an expanding uterus on bowels can cause constipation. When the little being is finely fitted along the surface of the uterus, it pushes the abdomen. The food is not able to move easily in the intestines.
- It is a very common sign during early stages of pregnancy before missed period. As the levels of hormone progesterone increase, it makes the food pass more slowly through the intestines causing the feeling of constipation during early pregnancy.
- Frequent gas, hard, dry stools and painful bowel movements are signs of pregnancy.
- A pregnant woman should drink plenty of water and eat high fiber foods.
Skin glows, and hair become shiny
- The pregnancy hormones might lower down the melanin hormone (pigmentation hormone) because of feedback mechanisms in the body.
- If the pigmentation hormone reduces and the feminizing pregnancy hormones increase you are bound to glow!
- You might notice stretch marks, but this happens a little later.
Appetite fluctuations and food aversions
- You will move to and fro between the desire to eat everything on the dining table to just going on a hunger strike. Appetite changes are an early sign of pregnancy before missed periods.
- You might crave for a particular taste like those sour candies or raw mangoes.
- You will find an abnormal pattern of appetite change in the early days of pregnancy.
- Remember that a mother eats for two, so eat healthy for both of you.
Bloating During early pregnancy
- Bloating during early pregnancy is something that a woman easily detects. Early signs of pregnancy before missed period cannot go without mentioning bloating.
- During early pregnancy bloating is because of two reasons. Flatulence and constipation cause bloating during early pregnancy before missed period.
- In the first week pregnancy, you will experience bloating after unprotected sex.
High basal body temperature
- High basal body temperature is the first sign of pregnancy before missed period. It is due to the changes going in pregnant woman’s body. They require a lot of energy and also cause heating of body.
- As mentioned above changes in cervical mucus is also an early sign of pregnancy before missed period. As period approaches the cervical mucus becomes thick. If this does not happen and instead the discharge looks mucus like it may be because you are pregnant.
- One should avoid scented soaps and other such products. Vaginal douching is also unhealthy.
- Having a bath will help ease the pain and itching. If you have a green or yellowish discharge during early pregnancy before a missed period, tell your doctor. Pain, itching, and irritation are signs of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Some women experience leg pain during menses. Early signs of pregnancy before missed period include leg pain because of the hormonal gush in the body. You feel fatigued due to intensive work going inside your body. It is natural to fall asleep and take naps during early pregnancy. In fact, one of the early signs of pregnancy is taking naps.
Nausea, vomiting, and headache
- Movies have already elaborated the early pregnancy symptom of vomiting. Nausea and headache either follow or precede vomiting.
- Early signs of pregnancy nausea and vomiting later graduate to become morning sickness. The discomfort lingers for nine months.
- Vomiting is one of the very early signs of pregnancy before missed period.
- Eating berries and citrus fruits help treat early pregnancy signs of nausea and vomiting.
Blue lines on abdomen and breasts
- During the early stages of pregnancy, you’ll notice blue lines on belly and breasts are due to the expansion of blood vessels during early pregnancy. These are also early signs of pregnancy test before missed period.
Remember that these are external things you see if you feel that you show these symptoms you need to meet your doctor.
Relying entirely on external signs for something like pregnancy can be a major blunder.