When you get pregnant, there are many things that you get to learn about yourself. Your body changes as you go through a roller coaster ride of hormonal changes. Physical and emotional changes are evident during pregnancy. As your body starts to change in shape, your moods and sexual arousal may also take a hit. During pregnancy, one of the many concerns a woman may have is whether is it safe to have sex and more so, to have oral sex during pregnancy.
It is easily found and known that having sex during pregnancy is completely normal and safe. More importantly, the baby is under no threat of any trouble.
But apart from sex, another question that bothers a couple is that:
Is Oral Sex Safe During Pregnancy?
The answer to this question is YES!
Yes, it is safe and in fact pretty healthy to have oral sex during pregnancy. Provided your partner does not have any kind of sexually transmitted diseases example, Herpes.
The answer to this question is yes!
The various reasons that act in favor of Oral sex during pregnancy are as follows
- Oral sex is a perfect alternative to normal sex: Your body undergoes many changes, ranging from swelling to soreness, to abdominal pain etc. during pregnancy. It gets very difficult and uncomfortable to get vertical or climb up on your partner and be comfortable in your sexual position. Sex during pregnancy is healthy and safe, no doubt about that, but it may be really uncomfortable. This is the when Oral Sex comes to the rescue. Oral sex is easy as compared to a fully fledged intercourse sex session. You do not require tensing your body or lying in discomfort for having oral sex.
- Oral sex helps in getting in the mood and increase sexual affection: Some women lose the urge and the need of sexual activity during their pregnancy. They tend to lose their libido after some time. Oral sex is one thing that helps you in getting into the mood by stimulating and accelerating the hormones. Partners should test before having oral sex during pregnancy, to check any kind of sexually transmitted disease. If you get a green light, then Let those endorphins run wild as you get hot and naughty with your partner in crime!
- Oral Sex helps you to get intense and have an orgasm during pregnancy: When you receive or give oral sex, the blood flow to your private sensitive parts increase by many folds. This helps you in getting more intense and satisfying orgasm. There is more flow and release of oxytocin and other hormones that can initiate more intense orgasm than normal. There cannot be any other way of fulfilling your hidden desires and have fun especially at the time of pregnancy! Oral sex is the most satisfying feeling when you are in the mood but have difficulty in moving around and changing positions and lying around.
Is it okay to swallow the semen during oral sex?
Another question that bothers us about Oral sex during pregnancy is that ‘ is it okay to swallow the semen during oral sex?’
The answer to this mindful question is also YES! Yes, you and your baby will be absolutely safe even if you swallow or not. Obviously, the decision to do or not depends upon both of you. Semen is usually made up of amino acids. The machinery of your stomach breaks them into finer elements. These are building blocks of protein which can sometimes break the placental barrier and provide protein to the baby.
So the answer to the above question is yes it is completely safe if you gulp in semen – the love fluid!
Yes, oral sex is safe and wonderful and pleasurable during pregnancy. There are some things that all the couples should keep in mind while having oral sex during pregnancy
Precautions while having oral sex during pregnancy
- When you are receiving an oral, make sure that your partner does not blow into your vaginal opening. It can cause blockage in the blood vessels inside your system. It is extremely dangerous for you and your baby ‘s life.
- To avoid this, the partner should make sure he doesn’t insert his tongue inside the vagina.
- Partners should get tested for any sexually transmitted disease before sex. If you are indulging in oral sex with a partner having STD, there us a high risk that it will get transferred to you and your baby too! It is preferable to avoid oral sex or use a condom in this case.
Pregnancy is a wonderful time of your life. Make sure you live every moment of it. After all, if it is your first pregnancy then you two won’t get your alone time once the little one arrives! Have the craziness before you become the responsible parents. And even after that don’t feel caged.