So, you’re pregnant and feel the need for physical intimacy. But, you are apprehensive if oral sex during pregnancy is safe for you and the baby.
For starters, sex during pregnancy is completely normal and safe. More importantly, the baby is under no threat of any trouble. But what about oral sex during pregnancy?
Is Oral Sex Safe During Pregnancy?
The answer to this question is YES!
Yes, it is safe and in fact pretty healthy to have oral sex during pregnancy. Provided your partner does not have any sexually transmitted diseases example, Herpes.
The answer to this question is yes!
The various reasons that act in favor of Oral sex during pregnancy are as follows:
- Oral sex is a perfect alternative to normal sex: Your body undergoes many changes, ranging from swelling to soreness, to abdominal pain, etc. during pregnancy. It gets challenging to get vertical or climb up on your partner and be comfortable in your sexual position. Sex during pregnancy is healthy and safe, no doubt about that, but it may be uncomfortable. This is where Oral Sex comes to the rescue. Oral sex is easy as compared to a fully fledged intercourse sex session. You do not require tensing your body or lying in discomfort for having oral sex.
- Oral sex helps in getting in the mood and increase sexual affection: Some women lose the urge and the need for sexual activity during their pregnancy. They tend to lose their libido after some time. Oral sex is one thing that helps you in getting into the mood by stimulating and accelerating the hormones. Partners should test before having oral sex during pregnancy, to check for any sexually transmitted disease. If you get a green light, then Let those endorphins run wild as you get hot and naughty with your partner in crime!
- Oral Sex helps you to get intense and climax during pregnancy: When you receive or give oral sex, the blood flow to your sensitive private parts increases by many folds. This helps you in getting a more intense and satisfying climax. There is more flow and release of oxytocin and other hormones that can initiate a more intense climax than usual. There cannot be any other way of fulfilling your hidden desires and have fun especially at the time of pregnancy! Oral sex is the most satisfying feeling when you are in the mood but have difficulty in moving around and changing positions and lying around.
Is it okay to swallow the Seminal fluid during oral sex?
Another question that bothers us about Oral sex during pregnancy is that ‘ is it okay to swallow the sperm during oral sex?’
The answer to this mindful question is also YES! Yes, you and your baby will be absolutely safe even if you swallow or not. Obviously, the decision to do or not depends upon both of you. Seminal fluid is usually made up of amino acids. The machinery of your stomach breaks them into finer elements. These are building blocks of protein which can sometimes break the placental barrier and provide protein to the baby.
So the answer to the above question is yes it is completely safe if you gulp in the fluid – the love fluid!
Yes, oral sex is safe and wonderful and pleasurable during pregnancy. There are some things that all couples should keep in mind while having oral sex during pregnancy.
Precautions while having oral sex during pregnancy
- When you are receiving an oral, make sure that your partner does not blow into your vaginal opening. It can cause blockage in the blood vessels inside your system. It is extremely dangerous for you and your baby ‘s life.
- To avoid this, the partner should make sure he doesn’t insert his tongue inside the vagina.
- Partners should get tested for any sexually transmitted disease before sex. If you are indulging in oral sex with a partner having STD, there is a high risk that it will get transferred to you and your baby too! It is preferable to avoid oral sex or use a condom in this case.
Pregnancy is a wonderful time of your life. Make sure you live every moment of it. After all, if it is your first pregnancy, then you two won’t get your alone time once the little one arrives! Have some craziness before you become the responsible parents. And even after that don’t feel caged.