A pregnant woman loves her baby more than her life. Whether a girl or a boy she loves them equally. The excitement to know whether you have a boy or girl is unbiased. Pregnancy gender test is a way of answering your doubts before you get your baby.
They are of both kinds medical pregnancy gender test and at home gender test.
The home baby gender tests may be homemade or bought from the chemist.
Hospital gender tests are more accurate and scientific.
We don’t endorse gender tests conducted to discriminate between genders.
Old wives tales of pregnancy gender test are myths but are true in some cases. After all, there is a 50-50 chance to get a right answer.
Hospital Pregnancy gender tests
Hospital Pregnancy gender test can be done by:
- Ultrasound: An ultrasound is possible only after six weeks of pregnancy. Before that doctors cannot see anything. A transvaginal ultrasound may be a week earlier. Ultrasound between 18-26 weeks is for accurate pregnancy gender tests. Pregnancy gender prediction by ultrasound can be wrong in rare cases. It happens when baby’s posture does not allow the doctor to see the sex organs. Otherwise, in most cases the ultrasound gender test is right. Ultrasound is not only for gender prediction. It uses high-frequency waves to see inside the womb. Ultrasound is a non-invasive procedure.
- Amniocentesis: Third-trimester amniocentesis may be for sex determination of baby. This test gives 99% accurate pregnancy gender test. It is for detecting chromosomal abnormalities in the baby. Finding genetic problems at an early stage can prevent congenital disabilities.
- Heartbeat monitoring: Doctors can monitor the heartbeat of the growing fetus. One research concluded that a baby in the womb with 140 pulses per minute is a boy. A girl in the womb has over 140 heartbeats per minute. There is no scientific ground for this finding, but you can make a guess. It is also non-invasive pregnancy gender test.
- Chorionic Villus Sampling: This is another invasive test for detecting any genetic abnormalities in the baby. It involves karyotype of entire chromosome set. Sex determination using CVS pregnancy test is accurate. This test helps to identify the gender of the baby but is not for it. A sample of fetal tissue, the placenta is enough for CVS pregnancy test. It is essential for women above 35 years of age. It carries along the risk for mother and fetus both. Miscarriage is also a consequence of CVS pregnancy test. CVS pregnancy test is faster than amniocentesis.
- Pregnancy gender test kit: You can get a pregnancy gender test kit from the chemist shop. It comes for $50-$100. IntelliGender and Sneakpeak are two pregnancy gender tests. You can take these over the counter kits.
- Fetoscopy: In this pregnancy gender test a thin microscope inserted through vagina allows the doctor to see inside. The gender of the baby can be detected by this method.
- Blood sample test: Cells from mother leak through the placenta. A blood sample from mother can provide enough cells for karyotype. A karyotype is the detailed study of all chromosomes of the cell. They have the sex chromosomes too. An XX chromosome is for a girl, and XY chromosome is for the boy.
- Gel tests: These pregnancy gender tests determine the time taken by the chromosome to travel through a gel mesh. Depending on the speed of traveling chromosome pregnancy gender test for boy and girl is possible.
Home Gender Tests
There are many other old wives tales of gender tests. Here are some home gender tests:
- Drano Pregnancy gender Test: Drano Homemade Pregnancy Test is one of the most popular pregnancy gender tests. The same Drano that cleans your drain can tell the gender of your baby. If you pee in Drano and it changes color to brown then you are a boy. If there is no color change, then you have a girl.
- Red cabbage Pregnancy gender Test: You need to boil red cabbage leaves and collect the broth. Add urine sample to it. If the solution turns pink or purple, then you are expecting. In this case, you will have a girl. If it becomes blue, then it is a boy. If the color remains unchanged, then you are not pregnant.
- Wheat and Barley pregnancy gender test: In 1350 BC Egyptians used the Wheat and Barley test for determining the gender of the baby. A pregnant woman urinated on wheat and barley. If barley grew, she was pregnant with a male child. In case the wheat started growing then she had a girl child. If nothing grew, then she was not pregnant.
- Looks of the pregnant woman: A pregnant woman looks pretty due to the natural glow on her face. If you have a girl, then you will look less pretty as your baby girl takes hormones from you. A boy doesn’t use your beauty attributes, and so you look pretty. Another myth is opposite that a boy’s hormones interfere with your and make you look sick.
- Position of baby bump: If you are carrying high then it is likely that you have a baby boy. A girl gives you a sagging baby bump.
- Rotating the wedding ring: It is a romantic pregnancy gender test. You have to place your wedding ring on your baby bump and rotate it. Take a chain and take it through. Now turn the ring and see its motion. If you have a girl, then it goes in circles. While a boy makes it go back and forth.
- Morning sickness or evening sickness: It is a general notion that when you have a baby girl, then you have morning sickness. A baby boy causes evening sickness.
- Baby weight: If your baby weight gain is around your hips then you are likely to have a girl. The reasoning is that your baby is going to have those features. If the weight gain is more around your belly, then you may have a baby boy.
- Cravings: Cravings scientifically have nothing to do with the sex of your baby. But a popular pregnancy gender test is that if you crave for meat, cheese, and sour things, then you have a boy. On the other hand craving for sweet stuff means you have a baby girl.
- Chinese gender prediction chart: The Chinese gender prediction chart is famous for pregnancy gender test. It has a table with months and your age. When you use the information, then you can find out the gender of your baby
- Mayan calendar: All you need to do was mention your age when you conceived and the year for this pregnancy gender test. If both of the numbers are of the same type that is odd or even then you have a girl. In case you have one odd number and other even then you have a baby boy.
- Partner’s weight gain: If your partner also gained weight then a baby girl is on her way. When both husband and wife have sickness, it could be that you have a boy. It’s cute and romantic if your partner gains some weight too! Company for your post-pregnancy weight loss sessions.
- Baby’s movements: If your baby pushes right hand on left side of your baby bump then he is a boy. A girl does opposite of this. Some people believe that ovaries have a gender division. Right ovary has baby boy’s eggs, and the left has girl’s eggs. So if you ovulate from right then, you have a boy and vice versa.
- Prepare for pregnancy gender tests: If you want a girl then take your pregnant wife on a rough road. While all these pregnancy gender tests are fun, some can be hazardous. Always use your common sense. Myths have it that if you make your partner sit near the chimney for hours before sex, then you can have a boy.
- Kitchen pregnancy gender test: Ask someone to put a fork and a spoon under two different chairs. You should be unaware of what is where. Then you need to go and sit on any chair. If you sit on the chair with the fork, then you have a boy.
- Corn pregnancy gender test: You need to get two corns and plant them in your garden. Urinate on them and look for which one grows. If the corn that grows is black then to have a baby boy. If the corn is healthy then you have a girl.
- Moon phase: If you conceive during midnight hours then the baby will be a girl. On the other hand, if it was a full moon when you were trying to get pregnant, then you’ll get a boy.
- Place some salt on breasts: You need to put some salt on your breasts and go to sleep. If next morning the salt is fizzy then you have a baby girl. How you have to manage the salt on boobies is your headache! This pregnancy gender test is funny enough if you stay awake all night long.
- Shape of your face: If your face becomes chubby then you have a little angel in your womb. While no changes in your face are signs that you are going to give birth to a baby boy.
- Baking soda pregnancy gender test: If you pee in baking soda and it fizzed a lot then you have a boy. If the fizzing is less when you add urine, then you have a girl. Read here for an in-depth review of Baking soda pregnancy test.
- Guessing: Pregnancy gender tests can be by guessing. Most pregnant women get a clue that they have a boy or girl. After all, you have a 50% chance of getting the right answer even after a wild guess.
- Curves: If your body gets curvy during pregnancy then you may have a girl. A boy may not induce such a weight gain.
All home pregnancy gender tests are for enjoyment and trying some luck.