With the advancing technology, there are so many treatments for infertility in women that you can choose from them. Broadly the treatment for infertility is known as ‘Assisted Reproductive Technology’. ART in gynecology is the abbreviation for Assisted Reproductive Technology. It is difficult to find out the right infertility treatments for females for yourself on your own. There are many online tests available to help you but “how much can we rely on online infertility tests?”
There are undercover rackets in this field such as stealing of eggs. It is for culturing them to sell them off without any consent letter. Hence only a knowledgeable woman can save herself from landing up in trouble.
Here we have listed all the infertility treatments for females:
Female Fertility Treatments
Fertility Drugs For Women
Doctor prescribes fertility drugs to infertile women. They are ovulation drugs or hormonal therapies.
- Clomiphene Citrate: This is a drug that helps to restore the normal levels of follicle stimulating hormone FSH and estradiol. These hormones are responsible for normal reproductive functions of females.
- Hormone injections: Gonadotropin hormones stimulate sex hormones production. Injections of Gonadotropin from other sources treat infertility in women.
- Ovulation inducing drugs: For women who have an ovulating disorder, drugs such as Letrozole induce normal ovulation. This will restore the normal menstrual cycle and hence treat infertility. Metformin treats ovulation disorders due to insulin disorders.
- Prolactin inhibiting drugs: These medicines reduce the production of prolactin. This hormone suppresses the reproductive hormones and hence causes infertility. This is the reason why lactating women don’t conceive. Prolactin inhibiting drugs help to bring the level of prolactin down and allow production of other hormones.
- Antibiotics for treating sexually transmitted diseases STDs: STDs can make a woman infertile. In order to restore the normal fertility of women doctor will treat such STDs first before onset of treatment.
- Thyroid therapeutic drugs: The metabolism of the body depends on thyroid functioning. Your doctor might give thyroid therapies and supplements to treat infertility.
Surgery for treating infertility in women
Surgeries such laparoscopy correct minor defect in the Fallopian tube and uterus such as a tubal blockage. For major problems, doctors carry out critical surgeries. Surgery will also be the only solution in case of past tubectomy that is cutting of Fallopian tube to sterilize the woman.
Assisted Reproductive Technology ART for treating infertility in women
ART for treating infertility in women include IUI, GIFT, IVF, ZIFT, ICSI etc.
- IUI: Intra Uterine Insemination is the process of injecting sperms inside the uterus. Fertilization is by only one sperm but IUI uses millions of sperms. This is to make fertilization more probable, as not all sperms have the required motility and ability to fertilize.
Why is IUI done for treating infertility in women? This is for those women whose partners are having a problem in delivering the semen deep.
- GIFT: GIFT is abbreviation of Gamete intrafallopian transfer. GIFT is the process of transferring of sperms (gametes) into the fallopian tube.
Why is GIFT done for treating infertility in women? When the female has suitable environment in fallopian tube but the sperms cannot reach there, GIFT treats the infertility.
- IVF: In Vitro Fertilization is the process of fertilization done outside the female body. Intracytoplasmic injection ICSI delivers the sperm’s genetic matter directly in the egg.
Why is IVF done for treating infertility in women? IVF is for women who have a hostile environment in the fallopian tube and that prevent Intrafallopian fertilization.
- ZIFT: The fertilized egg implants in the uterus. ZIFT is zygote intrafallopian transfer. It can be grown to embryo stage and then implanted in the uterus.
Why is ZIFT done for treating infertility in women? ZIFT is for a woman whose uterus doesn’t allow the embryo to implant on its own. With the help of medical assistance the embryo is artificially implanted.
Counseling and support for infertility treatments for females
- For psychological causes of infertility, counseling support helps treat the infertility in women. Psychological causes of infertility are stress or any mental restrain from bearing a child.
- It is also a popular practice to recommend an infertile woman to stay close to babies. This helps induce a desire to bear a child.
- The female hormones have a pheromone effect. This means that they affect the vicinity.
- Women living in a dormitory have synchronized menstrual cycles. All of them have very close menstrual dates. This is also done for restoring fertility in an infertile woman.
Home remedies for female infertility
Some of you might want to give your best to treat infertility. Home based infertility treatments for females can go along with other treatments of infertility in women as a supportive therapy. However, they cannot substitute a proper medical treatment.
- Have sex with your partner regularly especially near the ovulation day.
- Eat healthy stuff that helps to enhance your fertility. It includes food like salmon, sardines having omega fatty acids and other vitamin supplements.
- Reduce the level of stress.
- Manage your weight.
Lifestyle changes for treating infertility in women
- Cut out alcohol, smoking, entertainment drugs etc.
- Stay away from masturbation
- Don’t take emergency contraceptives
- Stay in touch with friends and family
- Sleep sufficiently for around 6 hours a day
- Go for regular checkups
Complications of treating infertility in women
The complications of infertility treatments are far worse in females than males
- Superovulation will cause a physiological imbalance: The hormonal shots given for treating infertility in women cause superovulation. This is the ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Unlike a normal female, your body will mature more than 1 ova (egg) at a time. This is the reason why females who undergo infertility treatments produce triplet and doublet.
- Surgery will cause spotting: You might experience moderate to heavy bleeding for many days after infertility treatments. Untimely spontaneous spotting can be a very problematic issue.
- Infertility treatments are financially taxing: The cost of infertility treatments for females is very high. It will shake your budget for months.
- Recovery and testing will take time: How long does it take to treat infertility in women? All the testing and treatments can last for anything between three to six months. And recovery will take time depending on the kind of treatment done.
- Cramps, pain, and swelling in abdominal cavity: After invasive treatments for infertility in women you are likely to experience cramps and pain for weeks. Even the hormonal therapies have such side effects that can cause long term discomfort.
- You might conceive twins: I don’t think this is a complication!! But if you’re not ready for more than one kid then this may be taxing. And to note getting an abortion of a child while allowing the other to grow is risky for the babies and the mom.
- There is a risk if premature labor, low birth weight or even developmental abnormalities when you undertake infertility treatments for females.
We stand for every woman who is going through a hard time of her life. It is absolutely fine to not want to undergo infertility treatment and rather opt for adoption. Adopting the orphans is better than being a part of this baby making business. At the same time, it is very human to want a little one who has parts of you two. Whatever be the case it is solely the decision of the couple and no one other than them has the right to interfere in what they decide.